Featured Institutional Member of the Week: Adelphi University
Posted: November 30, 2015
For more than four decades, the Center for African, Black and Caribbean Studies at Adelphi University has provided interdisciplinary teaching, scholarship and cultural programming. The Center sponsors numerous events throughout the year, including the annual African American Read-In, the John Hope Franklin Distinguished Lecture and the James Baldwin Lecture on Literary and Social Criticism series, documentary screenings, performances, art exhibits and much more.
Upcoming Events at Adelphi University
December 5-Kwanzaa Dinner: A Celebration of Family, Community and Culture
ABCC Holds 25th Anniversary Conference in Boston
ACPA Executive Director Dr. Cindi Love, NASPA Senior Director of Educational Programs Tiki Ayiku, NADOHE President Dr. Ben Reese, Jr. and ABCC Founder/Executive Director Dr. Fred Hord participate in special plenary session during ABCC 25th anniversary conference in Boston.
The ABCC would like to thank everyone who attended our 25th anniversary conference in Boston co-hosted by Northeastern University and the John D. O’Bryant African American Institute. We look forward to seeing you at next year's conference at Louisiana State University, October 27-30.
2016 ABCC Conference
- American Association of Blacks in Higher Education (AABHE)
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- African Heritage Studies Association (AHSA)
- Association for the Study of African American Life and History (ASALH)
- John D. O'Bryant National Think Tank (JDOTT)
- National Association of Diversity Officers in Higher Education (NADOHE)
- Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education (NASPA)
- National Council for Black Studies (NCBS)